You are here:
Our annual reports
Annual Report 2021–2022
OQPC reports annually on its progress towards achieving the purposes of the Legislative Standards Act 1992, namely, to ensure that Queensland legislation is of the highest standard; an effective and efficient legislative drafting service is provided for Queensland; and Queensland legislation, and information about it, is readily available in both printed and electronic form.
OQPC's Annual Report 2021–2022 outlines the office's recent achievements in legislative drafting and access to legislation. Highlights for the year include—
- As in the preceding two years, the office continued to deliver COVID-19-related legislation, though the volume of that legislation decreased, allowing efforts to focus on the government's ordinary legislative business. During COVID-19 lockdowns and the widespread flooding in January and February, OQPC maintained seamless continuity of service delivery by exclusively electronic means.
- OQPC delivered the legislation program on time, producing 32 government Bills (1,854 pages), 3 private member Bills (33 pages), 32 amendments for consideration in detail (210 pages) and 186 instruments of subordinate legislation (3,478 pages). There were 776 reprints of consolidated legislation (138,720 pages), of which 96% were published within 3 days of commencement.
- In September 2021, OQPC launched a programmatical website for accessing and searching the Queensland statute book. This website allows registered users and subscribers to automate access and retrieval of Queensland legislation.
- On 30 November 2021, OQPC completed a major project with all Queensland Acts as passed back to 1901 published on the Queensland legislation website.
- OQPC's annual survey of government clients identified that the overall satisfaction with both legislative drafting services and access to legislation was 100% during the reporting period. Surveyed clients are Ministers, Chiefs of Staff, Directors-General and their department's Cabinet Legislation and Liaison Officers and senior policy officers.
Previous annual reports
OQPC's annual reports for each financial year starting from 2002–2003 are available below. These reports document the performance of the office, and trace the changes in its operating environment and strategic priorities, over time.
For the financial years 2012–2013 to 2017–2018, OQPC contributed to the annual reports of the Department of the Premier and Cabinet. OQPC's contributions to these reports also appear below.