You are here:

Contact us

Office of the Queensland Parliamentary Counsel

The Office of the Queensland Parliamentary Counsel (OQPC) drafts legislation for the State of Queensland and provides public access to authorised legislation and information about that legislation on the Queensland Legislation website. As part of this service, OQPC provides a help line for members of the public.

When to contact OQPC's help line

The sorts of questions OQPC can help with include ones like the following:

  • When did this law commence?
  • When did this amendment happen?
  • How do I search the website for ...?
  • Where can I find new Acts or subordinate legislation?
  • When will this reprint be updated?
  • How can I see what has changed between two versions of a reprint?
  • I'm looking for a specific reprint and I can't find it.

In more general terms, OQPC can help with:

  • Information that is strictly about processes for Queensland legislation, including—

    • whether particular legislation is in force
    • whether particular legislative provisions have commenced
    • whether a Bill has been assented to or subordinate legislation has been notified
  • Assistance with using the Queensland Legislation website, including its functionality and features, and information about when particular Queensland legislation will be available on this website
  • Technical problems with the Queensland Legislation website, for example, accessibility, broken links or corrupt files—please check our FAQs first then, if you still need assistance, contact the webmaster.

Legal advice

OQPC is not authorised to provide any form of legal advice about the interpretation or operation of Queensland legislation. This includes an explanation of the law, how legislative provisions are applied, what provisions mean and possible breaches of the law.

If your question is similar to the following, it constitutes a request for legal advice and OQPC will not be able to help:

  • What do the Road Rules say about ...?
  • Where in legislation does it say I have to ...?
  • What are my rights in this scenario?
  • What permit or approval do I need if I want to ...?
  • What laws apply to this scenario?
  • I want to ... . Is this allowed?

The Queensland Government has information on its website ( about where to get assistance with legal information and advice. You can also call the Queensland Government contact number—13 QGOV (13 74 68).


When to contact another organisation

OQPC in unable to help you with the following enquiries but the websites linked below may be useful:

  • Information about future plans for legislation or underlying policies for Queensland legislation—the appropriate Queensland Government department may be able to assist. If you don’t know which department that is, the Administrative Arrangements will help you find out which department administers legislation in the area you’re interested in. Alternatively, call the Queensland Government contact number—13 QGOV (13 74 68).
  • Computer support for the configuration of browsers or the installation of software associated with reading files from this site—please seek other sources of technical computer support

  • Information about forms relating to specific legislation—you will need to find the form on the website of the appropriate Queensland Government department. (If you don't know which department that is, see the Administrative Arrangements or call 13 QGOV (13 74 68).)


Office of the Queensland Parliamentary Counsel

Postal address

  • PO Box 15185, City East  QLD  4002

Corporate enquiries

  • Phone: 07 3003 9600

OQPC help line